St Andrew's Hospital COVID-19 Information for Patients and Visitors (last updated 2nd April 2020)
We would like to assure all of our current and future patients, visitors and staff that we are taking a range of precautions to ensure everyone remains healthy in light of the COVID-19 situation as well as following all the recommendations and guidelines from SA Health and the Federal Government
These include the following:
- Limiting patient visitors to only those required to pick up or drop off a patient. No visitors will be permitted to enter where they meet the high risk criteria (see below*), have respiratory symptoms or have a temperature over 38 degrees Celsius (temperature testing occurs at the front entrance);
- Contacting all patients by phone on the day prior to admission to ensure that they do not meet the high risk criteria for COVID-19 (see below*). Patient temperature testing and additional screening also occurs on the day of admission;
- Screening everyone who will be working in the Hospital upon entry each day, including daily temperature checks;
- Closing our Volunteer run Coffee Shop to limit the spread and protect our valued volunteers.
We understand that some of these restrictions will be difficult for our patients, and we appreciate your cooperation in helping us to keep everyone healthy.
*High Risk Criteria for COVID-19 (as at 2nd April 2020):
- Close contact with a confirmed case of COVID-19?
- Returned from overseas travel in the past 14 days?
- Have you returned from interstate since 5pm on Sunday 22nd March?
- Have you been a passenger or crew member on a cruise ship and returned to Australia in the last 14 days?
- Have you been to Nuriootpa, Tanunda, Lyndoch or Williamstown since 14th March?
- Have you been to the Adelaide Airport including in the terminal or carpark in the past 14 days, AND do you have a current or recent fever greater than OR equal to 38 degrees Celcius OR cough/shortness of breath/sore throat
Your Doctor will be able to advise you on the status of your upcoming planned procedure.
The Hospital is proactively encouraging all people in the community to follow the hygiene and social distance advice to further protect against Covid-19. Please refer to the SA Health information on handwashing and personal hygiene.
As this is an evolving situation, we will continue to keep you updated via our web site and Facebook. If you have any specific questions please feel free to contact Hospital’s Reception on 08 8408 2111.
Thank you for your cooperation.
If you believe you have been exposed to COVID 19
- If you are severely unwell, such as having difficulty breathing, call 000 (Triple Zero).
- If you have returned from overseas or interstate recently and have COVID-19 symptoms, contact your GP (advise your GP of your travel history and symptoms) and isolate yourself.
- People who are unable to get an appointment with their GP and have travelled overseas or on a cruise ship AND have COVID-19 symptoms can visit one of the COVID-19 clinics.
- If you have NOT travelled overseas recently, but are feeling unwell, visit your usual health care provider. Avoid contact with others if you are unwell.