St Andrew's Hospital COVID-19 Information for Patients and Visitors
We would like to assure all of our current and future patients, visitors and staff that we are following the recommendations and guidelines from SA Health and the Australian Government Department of Health.
To ensure the safety of everyone in the St Andrew’s community the following processes are in place:
The Hospital is contacting all patients prior to their admission to ensure that they are fit and well, and do not fall into any of the following exclusion criteria:
- Been in any local or interstate location that requires quarantine and/or COVID testing (Current COVID-19 SA Health Alerts); or
- Are unwell with a fever, acute respiratory symptoms (e.g. cough, sore throat, shortness of breath, runny nose) or have acute unexplained loss of smell or altered sense of taste); or
- Returned from overseas within the past 14 days; or
- Been in close contact with a confirmed COVID case*
* Close contact is someone who has had more than 15 minutes of face to face contact, or has spent more than 2 hours in a room with a confirmed COVID case without appropriate PPE.
Patients will also be screened at the front entrance to ensure that they have not developed any of these symptoms on the day of admission and will be required to check in using the SA Health QR Code upon entry.
Due to current SA Health restrictions, effective from 5 August 2021, visitors for in-patients are restricted to two per day*. Visiting hours are 11:30am - 8:00pm.
Day patients (including chemotherapy) are able to have someone drop them off and pick them up, but are discouraged from having visitors* for the duration of their stay. This is to minimise the number of additional people within the building to support social distancing.
We understand that these restrictions may be difficult for our patients and visitors, and we appreciate your cooperation in helping us to keep everyone safe and healthy.
As this is an evolving situation, we will continue to keep you updated via our web site.
*If exceptional circumstances apply or if you have any specific questions please feel free to contact Reception on (08) 8408 2111.
Thank you for your cooperation.