St Andrew's Hospital COVID-19 Information for Patients and Visitors
We would like to assure all of our current and future patients, visitors and staff that we are following the recommendations and guidelines from SA Health and the Australian Government Department of Health.
Whilst we are pleased that South Australia has achieved positive outcomes in relation to containing the number of COVID-19 cases, we continue to maintain some restrictions to ensure the safety of everyone in the St Andrew’s community. These include the following:
The Hospital is contacting all patients prior to their admission to ensure that they are fit and well, and do not fall into any of the following exclusion criteria:
Exclusion Criteria (effective 18th August 2020)
- Been in any location identified by SA Health as an active potential exposure site for COVID-19 (Current COVID-19 SA Health Alerts); or
- Are unwell with a fever, acute respiratory symptoms (e.g. cough, sore throat, shortness of breath, runny nose) or have acute unexplained loss of smell or altered sense of taste); or
- Arrived from, or travelled through, VIC, NSW or the ACT within the past 14 days; or
- Returned from overseas within the past 14 days; or
- Been in close contact with a confirmed COVID case*
*Close contact is someone who has had more than 15 minutes of face to face contact, or has spent more than 2 hours in a room with a confirmed COVID case without appropriate PPE.
Patients will also be screened at the front entrance to ensure that they have not developed any of these symptoms on the day of admission.
Our visitor policy is:
- In-patients may have a maximum of 2 nominated visitors per admission*
- Please note the DOSA (Day of Surgery Admissions Area), Procedure Suite and the Day Chemotherapy Unit currently do not allow visitors*
- Visitors must not attend if they are unwell or meet any of the Exclusion Criteria outlined above
- Visitors must be screened at the entrance to the Hospital each time they visit
- Visitors are asked to please perform hand hygiene and maintain social distancing of 1.5m at all times whilst in the Hospital
- Visitors must keep visits to less than 2 hours*
- If a child is visiting, they must be directly supervised by an adult at all times
* Extenuating circumstances may apply. Please contact us if this is the case.
We understand that some of these restrictions will be difficult for our patients, and we appreciate your cooperation in helping us to keep everyone healthy.
If you believe you have been exposed to COVID-19, please click here to access SA Health information about testing locations and processes.
As this is an evolving situation, we will continue to keep you updated via our web site. If you have any specific questions please feel free to contact Reception on (08) 8408 2111.
Thank you for your cooperation.